CBAO 2021 Annual Convention Agenda
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 8TH
8:30am - Annual Golf Tournament: Shotgun Start - Rose Creek Golf Club
12:00pm - Player and Sponsor Lunch, following golf tournament
2pm – 4pm - AHP Annual Member Group Meeting
4pm – 5pm - CBAO Horizon Bankers Annual Meeting and Meet & Greet
It is about time we all get back together and catchup! Please join your fellow Horizon Bankers for the Horizon Bankers Annual Meeting, followed by a meet and greet.
5pm – 6pm - ICBA, CBAO’s National Partner, Meeting and Reception
Join your fellow Oklahoma bankers in OKC for a fireside chat with ICBA at the start of the CBAO convention. ICBA is proud to partner with CBAO. Together we provide unparalleled access to products, services and educational events to keep your bank competitive. And our advocacy at both state and national levels is exclusively focused on you, the community banker.
This event graciously sponsored by StreetShares, ICBA’s newest PSP.
6pm - 7:30pm - Welcome Cocktail Reception with Exhibitors
Join us at the Welcome Cocktail Reception with top exhibitors to see and hear the cutting-edge ideas to help your bank remain on top! Take advantage of this occasion to learn, network and have an enjoyable time too. Also, don’t miss the opening night of our Horizon Bankers’ fundraiser!
7:30pm - Dinner on Your Own
9pm – 12am - CBAO Nightcap - Cocktails and Conversation
Red Piano Lounge at the Skirvin Hilton Hotel is the perfect way to end the evening. Enjoy great live music in this luxury lounge with all of your CBAO friends!
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 9TH
7am – 9pm - Registration Desk Open
7am - Coffee with Exhibitors
7am – 3pm - Exhibitors Booths Open
7:30am - Breakfast
7:45am - Short, Medium, or Long? – Jim Reber (Grand Ballroom, 2nd Floor)
Community bankers keep adapting to new challenges from the bond market. Just in 2021 we’ve seen longer rates rally then retreat, all the while the Federal Reserve Board seems intent on maintaining a “accommodative” monetary policy. The prospect of inflation continues to pervade discussion, as does excess liquidity and sketchy loan demand. We will review how bond portfolios have changed just in the last 12 months, and will quantify the costs/benefits from going “short” or “long” at today’s market rates.
8:30am - Refreshment Break with Exhibitors
8:45am - ICBA Report – Rebeca Romero Rainey, ICBA President and CEO
An update on ICBA’s regulatory and legislative agenda, along with addressing other community banking issues facing community banks.
9:15am - Update from Charles McCall III, Oklahoma Speaker of the House and Past CBAO Chairman
(Grand Ballroom, 2nd Floor)
10:00am - Refreshment Break with Exhibitors
10:15am - Concurrent Sessions
- Cattle and Protein market Update and Outlook in 2022 and Beyond. - Duane Lenz - Crystal Room, 2nd
- The Cattle Industry is going through some major shifts that will impact the market in the coming years. CattleFax will look at the forces shaping the cattle market for the coming years, including supply, demand, exports and competing proteins grains and weather.
- Communicating During a Crisis - Patrick Dix - Balinese Room, 2nd
- You’ve just had a critical incident at your business. Reporters are waiting outside with cameras. Are you ready? There’s a way to make sure you won’t be searching for answers when you find yourself in this position. The 24-hour news cycle means local news organizations are hungrier than ever for fresh content and credible experts. This session will make the case that developing relationships with local media and saying “yes” when they call for your help will pay off for your reputation, your business and your bottom line.
11:00am - Refreshment Break with Exhibitors
11:15am - Concurrent Sessions
- Cost Effective Employee Benefits: Employer Case Studies – Jay Kempton and Todd Rogers - Crystal Room, 2nd
- The secret to spending less on healthcare is spending less on healthcare! Free market benefits help employers create a cost-effective health plan. In this breakout session you will hear case studies from The Baker Group and Advantage Health Plans Trust - two plans that have successfully implemented free market programs! You’ll learn how to achieve successful savings outcomes for your health plan!
- Dissecting a Cyberattack and how to Improve your Cybersecurity Standing– Cal Roberson Balinese Room, 2nd fl.
- In this session, we will dissect the actual events in a real-life cyberattack that resulted in an actual ransomware event that cost a bank a significant amount of money, lost time, and credibility. Along the way, we will talk about the framework for security and how to get your organization to adopt the security practices that will help keep your bank safe.
12:00pm - Refreshment Break with Exhibitors
12:30pm - Lunch
1pm - 2pm - General Session
- Oklahoma Banking Commissioner Mick Thompson
- Oklahoma Governor Kevin Stitt
2:00pm - CBAO Annual Meeting
5:00pm - Gala Celebration
This exciting evening will consist of a cocktail reception, Horizon Bankers’ fundraiser, live auction with auctioneer Morgan Hopson, celebration of leadership and dinner. Make sure you don’t miss this evening of fun! It is a great way to enjoy yourself, see old friends and make some new, and celebrate the people who have made CBAO a true success. We are also very excited to have singer songwriters perform at this year’s Gala. This year’s singer songwriters will be The Warren Brothers (Brad Warren & Brett Warren) and Jim Beavers. This is a unique opportunity to hear the stories behind how some of the most beloved songs came to fruition and sung by country legends.
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 10TH
7:15am - Registration Desk Opens
7:45am - Breakfast
8:00am - Update from Oklahoma US Senator James Lankford
8:30am - Refreshment Break
- Federal Reserve Free online SCALE Tool for CECL Allowance - Special Guest, Paul Oseland, FRB-KC, Accounting Specialist & Lead Examiner
- Bank Regulator Panel Discussion - moderated by CBAO General Counsel Paul Foster - OCC, Troy Thornton; Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, Ryan Harwell; Oklahoma State Banking Department, Dudley Gilbert
- Top regulators from the Oklahoma State Banking Department, OCC, and Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City give you brief overviews of current issues. Regulators will also give an update on the pandemic effects, treatment of pandemic related de-ferrals.
10:30am - 11:30am - Breakout Discussion with YOUR Regulators
Top regulators from the Oklahoma State Banking Department, OCC, and Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City give you brief overviews of current issues and then allow you to ask those challenging questions. This is a rare opportunity to speak with top regulators.